Act Like You Matter – Anti-Bullying Workshops for 4th-6th grades in San Diego are solution-driven and empowering: custom-designed to be most relevant to your unique student body. Act Like You Matter Workshops for older elementary school students:
- Raise awareness about many different types of bullying
- Awaken students to how their words and actions impact each other
- Give students tools they can use immediately to overcome and combat bullying, no matter what role they play in the cycle of bullying
Once you hire us to conduct our workshop Act Like You Matter, our Founder & President Amy Jones Anichini will meet with you at your elementary school to customize the Workshop so that it’s most relevant to your students. You will receive a summary of age-appropriate vignettes from our original script What If It Was You? and we’ll work together to select the scenarios we’ll perform for your students. Then, we’ll further customize our language so that your students feel as if they are watching their classmates when we perform.
Workshops are run by student actors from Theatre of Peace: Youth Bullying Awareness Acting Troupe (“TOP”) at YOUR elementary school in San Diego County. When TOP performs, your students will feel as if they stumbled upon a situation unfolding in real time and involving their peers. The experience is intimate, impactful, and empowering.
Each Workshop consists of 2 parts:
- TOP performs several vignettes (selected by you and then customized by us) from our script What If It Was You? Scenarios include:
- Name calling
- Clique behavior
- Rumor spreading
- Demeaning athletic ability
- Emotionally abusive parent
- We’ll demonstrate what you can do overcome and combat bullying whether you are a bystander, follower, or target.
- We’ll give you tools you can use right away to break the cycle of bullying and negativity.
- We’ll stop performing to talk to you peer to peer
- Q&A and dialogue about the scenes you saw
- Brainstorm with us about what actions each of us will take to combat and eradicate bullying
Each of us plays a role in bullying behavior. YOU can make a difference. We can show you how.
Booking NOW! Contact us to receive a Pricing Sheet and secure your date: